Monday, September 23, 2013

2013 Fall Vintage Inspiration


Happy Fall! Happy? Well, yes, even though I hate to see the summer exiting. This is my neighborhood in a month or so, making it all worthwhile:

and besides, I really like vintage coats and jackets.
New Yorker cartoon by Victoria Roberts

Then, there is that annual Rite of Autumn, the Vintage Fashion Guild’s Vintage Inspiration. I have been working on this bi-annual collection since 2007, always trying a little something new. 


This fall, as usual, we chose modern trends inspired by vintage fashion, and collected vintage items that our members have for sale. What’s new is that each of these themes include 25 clickable links to items for sale. It’s like the VFG’s fall pop-up shop with more than ever to be inspired by and/or purchase. I created the graphics for it, and looking at these items pretty well melted me in the process.

I truly crave this orange and green houndstooth coat from the 1940s, in the Ruby Lane shop of The Vintage Merchant. Wouldn’t it look smashing with my neighborhood fall leaves?

and while you’re shopping for me on Ruby Lane wink I certainly would not say no to this gorgeous necklace by the great Miriam Haskell, in the shop of Marzilli Vintage. It would also look lovely with autumn, don’t you think?

No comments: