Thursday, October 9, 2014

Retro ideas from the 1970s


There was an early 1970s version of retro mania in fashion. It wasn’t slavish to one period, but it seemed to favor the romantic looks of the 1920s, 30s and 40s.

In many cases it was a little more youthful, brighter and more mixed-up in details than the models of the original era. Mass market items were not usually fancy in their construction. I can really see wearing retro fashions from the 70s, and combing the era for ideas.

Here are just a few retro looks from 1973—some high-end, some not-so-high-end and some to make yourself. See these and more on my Pinterest board Retro-inspired fashions of 1973.















3 comments:

Charlotte Issyvoo said...

I've been really enjoying your Pinterest page about this and I passed it on to a friend. I had noticed this too but you've pulled it together so well.

Louise said...

I am a bit biased, as 1973 is my birth year, but I love this pinterest page. I'm not really a fan of the 1970's but you have picked the cream of the crop.

denisebrain said...

Louise, I am a bit skeptical about the 1970s styles, but find myself liking this 1970-75 retro thing a lot!

I'm glad you like it too Charlotte...thank you for sharing the board.