OK Boston, enough’s enough, right?
Trying to find something to do? How about grabbing a friend and going out for some fun in the snow:
|Postcard found on eBay|
|1880s Victorian ice skating outfits, with long skirts, high collars, nipped-in waists, chic little hats, and fur muff. Photo by H. Stevens. Copyright: British Library Board.|
|Vogue December 1938, Roger Schall photo|
|Two ladies making an elegant “snow lady” 1891|
Or what about finding yourself a vintage hat to make you think of spring even while it’s still winter?
|1957 photo by Yale Joel|
I know, I know.
OK, last try...here’s my slightly infamous margarita recipe:
Maggie’s Margs for Two
- Squeeze a fresh orange and a couple fresh limes and measure out 2 shots of these juices combined (3 oz)
- Throw into a cocktail shaker with 3 shots of reasonably good tequila (4.5 oz)
- and 1 shot of Cointreau (1.5 oz)
- and 1 shot of water
- Add all the ice the shaker will hold and shake while dancing and singing Amada Mio à la Gilda (Rita Hayworth was born Margarita Carmen Cansino, and one story goes that the drink was named after her)
- Pour through a strainer into 2 glasses filled with ice and add a half a shot floater of Cointreau to the top of each drink
One of these babies tends to improve one’s attitude.
|From the José Cuervo website|